Monday, December 31, 2007

Weekend in review

And oh what a glorious weekend it was...
Being the single mom that I am, I rarely get to have a completely lazy weekend, but also being the single mom that I am, I occasionally get to pawn off my son to the other parental unit. First, I was supposed to finally make sense of my bedroom since I moved (about 6 weeks ago). As you can see by the before picture here, my room is in desperate need of help...I was hoping to have an after picture this weekend also, but I don't, but I will some day, soon.





After attempting to organize the above mess, I decided to go to the yarn store and other shopping instead


This is when the fun started. After the yarn store, took a trip to Costco to get some stuff (and see my man, who works there), then some more shopping with my daughter and best friend at the mall (Sephora!). Now, I mentioned that my son was with his father (and my daughter is a teenager) so this meant that I was really free to do anything I wanted. From this point on (Saturday night) I have done nothing but sit on my man's couch, knit, drink, watch TV, and well, other fun stuff you do when your children are not around (blush), until about 2 hours ago, where I finally had to make an appearance at the office, for a few hours.

So what did I acomplish? Made a pretty good dent in the Cropped Cardigan (Vouge Knitting, Fall 2007) and started the Booga Bag in the Noro I picked up on Saturday. Pictures to come.

As today is New Years Eve, I plan on doing more sitting around on my man's couch and more knitting, while he watches Football (there is no talking during Football), and we both drink until we just crawl into bed...now THAT is a fun New Years Eve my friends. Ya'll have a safe one!






No comments: