Thursday, January 10, 2008

Movie Night



No exciting knitting news here, but my knitpicks order should be in my mailbox soon! I will then cast on and share with you.

This entry is about Movie Night. My man and I have Movie Night once a week (or at least we try), just the two of us, and we alternate movies. By the picture above you can guess whose turn it was. If you can’t, it was his. Not mine. Last time I chose P.S. I Love You, which was very cute. I will also add that my man actually liked the last movie, so it shouldn’t be counted against me as “my choice”, and it should only be counted as “my choice” if he doesn’t like it, I think that would be fair, because I will never like any of his choices, but there is a good chance he will like mine, but I digress, enough of the politics between my man and me.

Back to the movie. Even if YOUR man insists…DON’T DO IT. Oh Lord. Seriously, and I really mean it, this has been the worse movie I have ever endured in its entirety. I’m sure I’ve seen worse…but I left the theater, turned off the TV, fell asleep, whatever. I don’t even know where to start with this, because I’m not a movie critic, and don’t know all the movie critiquing lingo, but it’s bad. It’s cheesy, has absolutely no plot, not even a small, underlying story in the background, and the acting was horrendous. Also, it is unnecessarily disgusting, with some scenes that were just inappropriate for a mother to see. If you are forced to see this, and you are a mother, you will know what I’m talking about.

My next pick? The Kite Runner (muuua ha ha haaaaaa). He’s going to hate it! Unfortunately, I got the last two picks before, so he still has the next one. And he already told me which one it is. Clover Fields, something like that. I’m sure I’ll hate it. Luckily tomorrow we are taking our respective offspring to see VeggieTales (and that doesn’t count), so I’ll have a brief movie respite.

Keep knitting my friends and heed my warning…do not see this film.

No comments: