Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The Highly-Flammable Blanket of Kitch (hereinafter “THFBoK”)


I’ve really been itching to crochet something lately. I’ve also really been needing to do some serious stash-busting. And yes, that is Red Hart Super Saver in all its glory sitting on my desk. Isn’t that red fabulous? For the life of me cannot remember why I purchased that, and I should really be ashamed. Not only is it what it is (Red Hart Super Saver), but that color! What did I originally intend on making with that?!?! Anyways, it’s now part of my THFBoK.

Last night I was feeling kinda blue, not totally sure why, but I was. Perhaps it is a hormonally induced slight depression. But anyways, I needed to work on something and I came up with THFBoK. I just sat there all night making up these little squares and stacking them neatly on top of each other on the couch. My daughter comes out of her room, sees my little stack of acrylic, and starts laughing “hahaha you are on crack”. She then went on to doing an imitation of what appeared to be a crack-head crocheting.

I have a feeling this blog is going to end up being about how a teen daughter abuses her dorky mom.

No comments: